2010/11/01

A New Leaf

So, things lately have not seemed to work out. If I was a less determined individual, I would have given up long before now. However, it seems to me that everything in my life has worked out the way it does for a reason. I have now an unprecedented opportunity to really turn over a new leaf - to leave behind the things that have historically held me back, and be the man I want (and need) to be.

Some might say that I've been tested, but I don't look at it that way. In fact, I feel that it's quite the opposite. I always seem to be put in the position to learn exactly what I need to learn. As tough as life can be at times, I think we all need to remember that perception is everything. How we chose to view the situations that come our way is the only thing which determines what these situations will or won't do for us. From a literal and material perspective, things can seem hopeless; but these same things can propel us forward into the lives we've always dreamed of, as long as we stay true to ourselves and our ideals.

Lesson of the day - never give up hope, and never become disenchanted. If you do, you run the risk of losing everything that has made you who you are. Now, more then ever, we need to stand strong, and stand together. We must stay true to the ideals that mean the most to us - for me, honor, trust, and love. Regardless of what yours are, hold them close. Don't ever give up on your hopes, or else you're bound to miss the opportunities to make them a reality; it won't happen unless we make it happen.

Today, I am thankful for John, and Justin; two men that are now very close to my heart. They have shown me true compassion on the level which I could only expect from myself (and perhaps Fuji). So, you guys (if you ever read this), I vow to ensure your compassion never goes unrequited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do me a favor and make your comments at least somewhat intelligent. You know, like using real words and punctuation.